Sunday, May 2, 2010

Making Stamps

Today we took a trip to the dam and I decided to try a stamp-making technique with my family.This is what you'll need:

* A marker
* A soft eraser
* A linoleum cutter
* Stamping Ink
* Paper

Start by drawing the picture or pattern you want onto the soft eraser with a marker. My cousin Ashlea decided to make a capital A.
Next, decide the parts of the stamp which you want to be negative and positive. (It makes it easier to colour in the parts of the stamp you want ink to fall on.)
Then take the linoleum cutters and scrape away the negative shapes around the stamp.

Once you have cleared away all excess eraser you can take the eraser stamp and dab it in some stamping ink.
Test out your new stamp on a clean piece of paper:


You can make any shapes you wish- my favourite so far is my little camera! Happy snapping :)


Make your own set of rubber stamps - it's easy, fast, fun and useful!

2 comments :

brandy-son Zen master flash said...

This is so much fun. I love how yours turned out.

Che said...

thank you! I'm attempting to make CD covers today for the International music swap that i'm doing - you can read about it here: http://www.goodnightlittlespoon.com/2010/07/mix-share-swap.html

stay tuned for the results! :)