Tuesday, May 17, 2011

in Flight.

On Sunday I left SoKo for the LONG trip back to South Africa :)

The trip in total:
  1. Taxi to Kintex airport shuttle. 20 minutes.
  2. Kintex airport shuttle to Airport. 45 minutes.
  3. Flight from South Korea to Hong Kong. 3 hours.
  4. Flight from Hong Kong to Johannesburg. 13 hours. 50 minutes.
  5. Flight from Johannesburg to Pietermaritzburg. 1 hour. 10 minutes.
BASIC SUMMARY: a crap-ass-long-time-of-travel.

On the flight from Hong Kong to Johannesburg i also managed to hook up the really great seat. You know, the one right at the back - that doesn't recline, right next to the toilets? That one. WIN.

Now...

Photobucket
Photobucket
yeah. kills me.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(picture courtesy of the little brother - done whilst eating his breakfast)
Photobucket

I would like to share, so that if you are ever planning on flying from Hong Kong to Johannesburg - or any other crap-ass-long-time-of-flying - you may employ these fancy techniques:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Do not share the internet with the jealous people.
You created the internet.
it is YOURS.
You ONLY are entitled to the www.
Do not let the people steal your wifi's.
Remain alert.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Use the notebook.
Record it vigorously.
Be vigilant.
Shield your documentation from strangers.
Compile the seat profiles as follows:


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Watch curious passenger's reaction to this.
Document it.
Document it a lot.
Shield your documentations from the passenger.
Continue with your running tally.

This game will be fun.
 I promise.
Photobucket
Trust me.
I tried.
for 14 hours, I tried.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Encourage fellow passengers to do the same.
(For increased fun -) do not inform the flight attendants of this game.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket.

The end.

* * * * *
It is GREAT being home! This morning I had cereal-mash-up with my dad for breakfast while we read the paper. Then i listened to my brother walking around the house making up his own tunes. This evening I'm going for a run with my mom. :)
Africa. i love you!
* * * * *

1 comment :

Beingbrazen said...

ha ha ha - Awesome tips for long flights :)