Thursday, October 27, 2011

Awesome Sauce

I was meant to post this ages ago... but i am only posting it now.. haha :)

On my birthday, I arrived in my apartment just after lunch and found a strange package wrapped in Christmas paper in my fridge. On top of the Christmas package there was a CD. Anyone coming home to find a CD in their fridge is bound to be a tad suspicious.

Photobucket
Actually I felt like I was in some kind of Spy movie with secret operative agendas that were hidden in the CD in my fridge.
Photobucket
Check the coast for possible enemy spies and possible sources of the 'secret operatives CD'.
Photobucket
Displace ideas that frozen CD may in fact be from across enemy lines and in actual fact a terrorist bomb.
Use warm breath to heat up CD. Rub CD on body. Put CD into computer:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Inside the Christmas package was a container of delicious mince sauce made by the awesome Paddy who has taken it upon himself to try and save me from my own cooking catastrophes. This was a truly amazing and valiant effort. The perfect birthday gift for she who cannot boil an egg. Thank you so much Paddy :)

We will wait and see how it goes....

It was Paddy's birthday yesterday - so it seemed appropriate to post this today :)

ps. sorry for the in-house post. it's a photoshop/design thing :)

9 comments :

Janine van Staden said...

oh this is brilliant! such a wonderful idea! :) hahahaha!! and in perfect language that even I would understand (i'm not that good at cooking too)  ! :) if you try this recipe out, please tell us how it went? :)

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Great tutorial and so simply put.

Linda Nicolson said...

MMM - wish it was lunch time!  I'll just have to go and composite water (filter>boiling!), teabag, milk and sugar and have some dialogue with a chocolate muffin! (I do more cooking, less photoshop)

Che Kershaw said...

hahaha! you make SURE you get that dialogue with the chocolate muffin going!! :)

Vanessanberger said...

That is incredible! that must have taken a lot of effort wow! hope your spaghetti turned out well...and hope you made sure it as CMYK before eating ;) 

Kristen said...

That is really clever.  My 12 year old is in charge of boiling eggs but I can make pasta like nobody's business. (As my kids know--they eat it every night, pretty much.)

Bailey Schneider said...

How is that for effort? WOW WOW WOW!!

saffakate.blogspot.com said...

Love this! So clever.

Bianca Jagoe said...

Best layout for a recipe ever.