Friday, June 28, 2013

FAME

Wimbledon has kicked off in Wimbledon and I am loving being right in the middle of all the action, right in the middle of ALL THE CELEBRITIES MILLING ABOUT. In fact, I have become so enamored with FINDING FAMOUS PEOPLE that I have been on extreme high alert. It is already paying off:

 photo fame1_zps76acd732.jpg  photo fame2_zps5f2749af.jpg  photo fame3_zps91d9c92b.jpg  photo fame4_zps41678b18.jpg  photo fame5_zps74c58af6.jpg  photo fame6_zpsd3188147.jpg  photo fame7_zps73e82e55.jpg  photo fame8_zpsd7052eed.jpg  photo fame9_zpsbf5a062c.jpg  photo fame10_zps0d3cc092.jpg

?

 photo fame11_zpsacc463e3.jpg  photo fame12_zps6e100d92.jpg
SPANDEX! ONLY FAMOUS PEOPLE WEAR SPANDEX!

 photo fame13_zpse49f9c23.jpg  photo fame14_zps4dc92ab3.jpg
...and...
what do you mean "...and...." ?!?! photo fame15_zps0f726956.jpg
Warren: .... and...

"And? what do you meeaaaan '...and...' ?!?!"
 photo fame16_zps90930283.jpg  photo fame17_zpsd310e1af.jpg  photo fame19_zps23096cb4.jpg
Hey!??! Hey?!?! FAMOUS PERSON!!!!

 photo fame18_zps7f1dd0e3.jpg
Not on TV... or in a magazine.
Or even on the internet?
 photo fame19_zps23096cb4.jpg  photo fame20_zps3ad8173d.jpg  photo fame21_zps6996209b.jpg

Warren:
 It's probably someone on holiday

 photo fame22_zpsd3e67076.jpg
SPANDEX. and  PLAIT.
That has tennis written all over it.
 photo fame23_zps1a137cce.jpg  photo fame24_zps607e1154.jpg
One absolutely can. NOT. argue with spandex and a plait.

* * * * * * *

Then, the following day, I was walking down the road on high alert for famous people minding my own business when I SPOTTED THEM.

I texted Warren (who was busy at work), straight away.
 photo fame25_zps7e314354.jpg

WARREN!! WARREN!!! I'VE JUST SEEN TWO MORE OF THEM!!!
FAMOUS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!
TWO. OF. THEM!

Warren: Ok! Yeah! Who are they this time?!

 photo fame26_zps55702212.jpg

Warren: Well - how do you know they are famous?

 photo fame27_zps73018c60.jpg  photo fame28_zpse2ca001c.jpg
Warren: Well... there's quite a lot of people getting out of taxis.....

 photo fame29_zps31701ca1.jpg
AMERICA!!!AND THEY HAD SUITCASES!

FAMOUS!!!!
 photo fame30_zps11117765.jpg
THE ONE!!!

 photo fame31_zps1c3a632b.jpg  photo fame32_zps60d3a631.jpg  photo fame33_zps15742336.jpg  photo fame34_zps4a72c220.jpg

* * * * * *

So if, by any chance, you are passing through Wimbledon with a suitcase, 
wearing spandex and/or getting out a taxi
- I'm keen for your autograph.

* * * * * * *

Side Note: The Piazza near Wimbledon Centre Court Shopping Centre is hosting a big screen for the duration of play. You can get yourself some drinks, a deck chair and watch the tennis action live in the heart of Wimbles.

The Swan Pub (conveniently 50m from our house) is also hosting The Festival of Ciders from now until July 21.

I'd definitely recommend hitting up these events - and who knows, 
 - you might even see someone famous.

and PS. Last night as Warren was leaving work - he actually saw David Beckham and John Travolta. Yeah, we hate him.

:P



13 comments :

Sarah-Faye said...

Haha, this totally made my morning :)

Lauren said...

LOLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. HAHAHA.

Keri Bainborough said...

Hahaha! I see famous people ....

Johlet said...

Jealous of Warren!!! I am one happy chappy for finding your blog! It's my laugh a day! xxx

Se said...

This made my day. Too funny.

Che Kershaw said...

TODAY I AM GOING TO SEE PRINCE WILLIAM AND POSH SPICE. I CAN FEEL IT.

Che Kershaw said...

:) seeing FAMOUS people makes MY morning.

Che Kershaw said...

i know, some fancy pants watch-shop opening. pfft. whatever. they weren't in spandex.

Che Kershaw said...

... just walking around... like regular people.

Wayne Kritzinger said...

This is totes hilarious, I actually can't stop laughing.

Rhianne said...

Hahaha, Thomas and I had a competition during our year in London of who would see the most famous people... and what you said here was usually my side of the conversation - though I always counted the black cars with flags on too - it could have been the Queen right?!

BUT then Thomas got a temp job in HMV on Oxford Street - and not only saw so many famous people but served them too (!!!!!) So he lost count of his total and I saw 3 people that I could actually identify. 3! However none of them were David Beckham so Warr beats Thomas with that one haha and now I am a little bit smug. Though, I can't even remember who the third person was that I saw, so I may have imagined that...

Che Kershaw said...

hahaha are you KIDDING?!?! black cars with FLAGS ON THEM!??!?! that's the Queen for SURE. and probably Wills and Kate too. And I heard Lizzy was Friends with Elton - so... he was probably riding up front also. SCORE. hahaha lols :)

Anonymous said...

All told I killed 28 people which show of force reaffirmed our intentions.
There can also be another famous raiding strategy
utilizing a combination of plenty of Giants and a couple of
healers. Is this performance enough for him to reclaim
the number one spot inside the poind-for-pound
list.

my blog post - clash of clans cheat engine ()